Saturday 17 September 2011

the best medicine...

I'm a huge fan of facebook. It's full of random and often hilarious drivel. I have many friends, family and nutters on my chums list, some of which are very close and much loved. This was posted to my wall today:

Great Spirit~ This is my girl, my friend and sister, whom I love and this is my prayer for her. Help her live her life to the fullest. Please promote her and cause her to excel above her expectations. Help her to shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love. Protect her at all times, lift her up when she needs you the most and, let her know when she walks with you, she will always be safe.' "I Love You Girl!" Now you're on the clock. You have to tell nine sisters you love them, including me. Get going!

How sweet is that?! I don't normally post back such things but the young lady that posted it is a wonderful friend and so I returned the favour. The reason I don't tend to re-post them is that some people get really jealous and mardy if you don't include them in the re-posting! Wth? Go figure...
It's as bad as those text messages you get... 'Send this to five friends and you will win 6 squillion pounds within 3 mins and 12 seconds! Delete it and you will Die within the hour!' Ok a slight exaggeration, but they are rather dramatic. I deleted one yesterday, and guess what? I'm still here! That should really piss some people off...

So many people take facebook very seriously which I find hilarious in itself. Yes it's a great site to keep in touch with friends but do they really need to know that you are currently
picking your nose whilst watching XFactor? or waiting for a bus? (now that's a blatant blag for a lift if I ever saw one...) No ta lol

And so I do my best to continue to post rubbish, update my status with pointless twaddle, share (in my humble opinion) good tunes and generally take the mick out of everyone and everything with only a rare 'serious' moment. Laughter is the best medicine and quite frankly, I'm there for the laughs :D

4 comments:

  1. said with much love n affection I'm sure ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold on! I'm just going to the loo for a poo, then i'll be back to finish reading

    ReplyDelete